This slaw is tossed with the most divine habanera lime dressing which can be made a day ahead & stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Although coleslaw looks its prettiest just after it’s made, the flavor & texture is ultimately better two to three hours later - even the next day
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup lime juice plus a few wedges for garnish
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon habanera hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Blend mayo, juice, cilantro, hot sauce, garlic, sugar, salt & pepper in a blender (or use an immersion blender) until smooth.
Toss cabbage, carrot, pineapple, green onion & half of the almonds together in a large bowl. Add three-quarters of the dressing; toss to coat. Tumble the slaw into a serving bowl; drizzle with the remaining dressing & scatter with the almonds. Serve with cilantro sprigs & lime wedges if you desire.