melon & prosciutto with fig vinaigrette
This is such an easy recipe but its beauty lies in not just its simplicity but the freshness & summeriness of this pretty sharing platter. Serve it as a light starter or as an appetizer. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time49 mins
- 12 thin wedges cantaloupe rockmelon
- 8 oz prosciutto 12 slices
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves approximately
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice (or white winvinegar
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- pinch of salt & freshly ground pepper
To make the dressing:
Add all ingredients to a jar with a screw-top lid & shake until well combined.
Place the cantaloupe wedges on a serving platter & drape the prosciutto over each wedge. Pull the mozzarella apart & add to platter. Scatter the arugula over the top. Drizzle with the dressing just before serving.