tuna & pineapple salsa tacos
Fresh, vibrant flavors; quick & easy prep will mean these tacos will be a hit served for dinner for your family or at a barbeque with friends. Perfectly seared tuna, a lively pineapple salsa & a creamy sriracha honey sauce. You could use canned pineapple in a pinch. Salsa & sauce can be made a day ahead & stored covered in the fridge. Remove the tuna from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 cups diced ripe pineapple (about 1/2 a fresh pineapple)
- 1 cup diced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeños
- pinch of salt
CREAMY SRIRACHA & HONEY SAUCE
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas (fajita size) (or corn tortillas)
- olive oil
- 12 oz tuna steaks
- salt & freshly ground pepper
To make the tacos:
Heat a grill pan, a cast iron pan or a barbecue grill to medium-high. Place tortillas in pan for 30 to 45 seconds per side until warm & grill marks are appear. Remove from pan, fold in half & cover to keep warm.
Drizzle a little oil over both sides of tuna, rubbing on the tuna to coat. Sprinkle both side of each piece of tuna with a pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes each side until browned. Remove to a plate or board; cover & let rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into thin slices.
To serve, spread a spoonful of the sauce inside each tortilla. Add tuna, salsa & drizzle with more sauce. Makes 8. Serves 3 to 4.