spinach & chicken chopped salad
All the elements that make for an amazing salad - soft baby spinach leaves, chewy cranberries, toasted almonds, celery, green onions, apple, sweet bell pepper & drizzled in a creamy dressing. If you love chicken salad sandwiches, then you're going to love this salad. Plus it's make ahead - just add the dressing just before you serve it.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (a rotis chicken works great for this)
- 3 handfuls baby spinach leaves (chop the leaves if they’re large)
- 2 small gala apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 slices bacon, cooked according to package directions, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a good pinch of salt & freshly ground pepper
To make the dressing
Whisk the mayo, cream, vinegar, honey, salt & pepper together in a small bowl.
Arrange chicken, spinach, apples, celery, green pepper, green onion, bacon, cranberries & almonds in bowls or on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing & toss gently to combine. Serves 2 to 3.