Thai chicken vegetable stir-Fry
Although regular basil can be used in place of Thai basil, it won’t impart the same flavor. Thai basil is unique in its taste & aroma & can be found in many grocery stores & Asian markets. It’s also very easy to grow. Before starting this recipe, have all your ingredients prepped & ready. It’s an easy recipe that relies on each ingredient listed for maximum flavor.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced (capsicum)
- 6 oz green beans, topped & tailed (170g)
- 2 small Thai red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 6 green onions, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces (2.5cm)
- 3/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, packed
- steamed jasmine or coconut rice to serve, if desired
Heat coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken & stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked; remove from wok.
Add garlic, ginger, peppers & beans. Stir-fry for 1 minute until veggies are bright in color.
Add chilies, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce & a pinch of salt. Stir-fry 1 minute or until veggies are tender but still crisp.
Return chicken to wok; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes until hot & thoroughly cooked. Serve with rice if desired. Serves 2 to 3.