Chili takes time to cook, but when it’s 30 Minute Creamy Chicken Chili, using a rotis chicken, you can have a hearty, creamy and incredibly delicious chili on the table in 30 minutes – as the name suggests. This is one you’re going to want to put on repeat during the long winter. This is a great way to use up any leftover rotis chicken you have or any chicken you have leftover be it a roast or pan-fried – reinvent it in another meal.Jump to Recipe
Look, if you’re not a fan of too much heat, then scale back on the cayenne pepper a bit, remove the seeds from the chilies but still use them as they add flavor. The chili powder isn’t hot, it does add lots of flavor. The cans of green chilies are mild but again, they add flavor. Different chilies add different flavor so give this a go. 30 Minute Creamy Chicken Chili is quick and easy to make and saves on wasting leftovers: time-saving, money-saving and wholesome.
30 MINUTE CREAMY CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno chili peppers, trimmed & diced remove seeds and membranes if you prefer a milder chili
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour plain flour
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese 113g
- 8 oz (2 x 4oz) cans chopped green chilies
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained (425ml)
- 1 cup frozen corn or 14oz/398ml can, drained
- 3 cups 12oz/375g shredded rotis chicken (or leftover roast chicken)
- Crunchy tortilla strips*, sliced jalapenos & lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and softened but not browned.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the four spices and cook, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Whisk in the broth a little at a time until all incorporated and smooth. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes to cook off the flour.
- Add the cream cheese, breaking it into little pieces as you add it to the chili mixture. Whisk for a few minutes until all the cheese is melted.
- Add the canned green chilies, beans, corn and chicken. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until hot, stirring occasionally. Spoon into warmed bowls and serve with tortilla strips, fresh jalapeno slices and lime wedges. Serves 4 to 6.