Fragrant, juicy peaches are perfect for a quick and easy summertime favorite – bruschetta. Peach Bruschetta – fresh basil, white balsamic, a hint of chili heat and olive oil, piled onto toasted slices of baguette & fresh mozzarella is certain to become a summer favorite. Easy to make and so delicious, serve as a canapé or a light lunch.Jump to Recipe
I don’t bother peeling the peaches but if you’d prefer, I have a post on how to efficiently peel peaches here. Peach Bruschetta is perfect for a hot summer’s day washed down with a glass of your favorite cold white wine or bubbles. I grill the baguette slices on a grill pan or add them to an air fryer to lightly toast, making sure to brush with a little olive oil first. I top the bread sliced with a little fresh mozzarella to stop the bread from becoming soggy. I really love this simple appy, I hope you do too. If you make it, please let me know. Toodles, L xo
- 12 inch baguette, sliced 30 cm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3 ripe peaches, diced
- 3 tablespoons thinly shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 fat garlic clove, peeled & finely grated or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red chili peppers
- Pinch sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Brush each baguette slice with a little olive oil. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the bread in batches, about 3 minutes per side, until grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, combine the peach, 1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, basil, garlic, vinegar, crushed red peppers, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Place a piece of mozzarella on warm slices of the baguette; top with the peach mixture. Serve immediately. Makes about 20 to 25 slices.