Simple to make, succulent & flavorful, Mediterranean Air Fryer Salmon has a herbaceous, lemon, mustard & paprika rub that forms a crust over the salmon as it cooks – so delicious. The salmon can be marinated up to 24 hours in advance & takes only seven minutes to cook in the air fryer – so easy. It’s a good idea to read the manufacturer’s directions as each model can be a bit different. Here is the one I have: it’s a Ninja 4-in-1, 2 basket air fryer. Of course you can cook the salmon in the oven too & I’ve added directions to the recipe below.Jump to Recipe
I absolutely love my air fryer & use it almost every day. I just discovered that toasting nuts in the air fryer takes just a few minutes with no oven to heat up first; I don’t like toasting nuts on the stove top as I find they don’t toast as nicely as they do in the oven. Apart from salmon I cook all different cuts of chicken, lots of different vegetables, bread, potato wedges, twice-baked potatoes, fruit – pears and apples in the air fryer are so good, breaded food, pork chops, spring rolls…the list goes on. What I hope to do is share more of these recipes with you. It was the appliance I never knew I needed. Mediterranean air fryer salmon is particularly good because the rub/marinade encases the salmon forming a crust as it cooks & rendering the salmon under it perfectly cooked. Just a simple salad is really all it needs but I think these sides would be brilliant served alongside salmon: Lemony Potato Salad; Sour Cream Parmesan Mashed Potatoes; Brown Butter Spaghetti Squash; Tomato Caper & Olive Salad; Quick Couscous Tabbouleh.
However you serve it, enjoy it & let me know what you think. Toodles, Lovoni
MEDITERRANEAN AIR FRYER SALMON
- air fryer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves &/or chives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind zest
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- A good pinch of salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs wild salmon, cut into 3 or 4 fillets skin on or off, your preference
- Pasta, couscous or mashed potatoes or rice, to serve*
- Steamed greens, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, herbs, mustard, zest, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon to the herb mixture, rubbing the herb mixture liberally over each piece of salmon to coat. Cover well & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Place the salmon, skin side down on the crisper plate, in one air-fryer basket, select ‘air fry’ & cook for 7 minutes on 400°F (200°C) or according to the manufacturer’s directions, until the salmon is cooked but still succulent & flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately with your choice of sides and some lemon wedges. Serves 3 to 4.