Herb Buttered Pasta with Garlicky Blistered Tomatoes – quick and easy to make requiring little time or exertion. Grape tomatoes, garlic, a little acidity from sweet rice vinegar, a hint of chili all tossed together with a herb butter pasta. Bright, summery and light. A perfect throw-together dinner served with a simple salad.Jump to Recipe
Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I hope you’re all staying sane. Here’s to things opening up again soon. Some states are slowly starting. Hopefully Indiana follows in the next couple of weeks. Enough already. Cheers for now, Lovoni xo
Herb Buttered Pasta with Garlicky Blistered Tomatoes
- 1 lb package pasta I used casarecce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 fat garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped basil, plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the tomato, garlic, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, salt and ground pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the tomato are blistered and starting to wilt.
- Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture with parsley, basil and butter. Stir to combine. Spoon into warm bowls. Top with parmesan and extra basil leaves.