Creamy Chicken Pasta comes together quickly using chicken tenders, creamy goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, baby spinach leaves, garlic (of course), a splash of dry sherry (or wine), a little chili, Italian parsley & lemon juice all tossed through bow tie pasta (or any pasta of your choice) & sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. The results are a delicious weeknight meal or for a special dinner with friends & family on the weekend. Serve with a green salad, some crusty bread & the obligatory wine. Cheers, LovoniJump to Recipe
chicken, spinach, goat cheese & sundried tomato pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 oz (375g) bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb (500g, approx) chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces (2.5cm)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (chili flakes)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 2/3 cup slivered sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 6 oz (170g) creamy goat cheese
- 5 oz (140g) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley plus extra leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Place the butter in a small saucepan & heat over medium heat until butter is a light golden brown color & smells nutty; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta, stir & cook, uncovered for 12 minutes or according to package directions, until al dente – reserve the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken & cook for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic & cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the crushed red pepper & sherry. Cook for 1 minute just to cook the alcohol off the sherry.
- Add sundried tomatoes & goat cheese. Add the pasta & 2 ladles of the pasta water – about 1 1/2 cups. Add the spinach, lemon juice & parsley. Stir until the pasta is coated in the creamy sauce, adding a little more hot pasta water if necessary.
- Add the warm brown butter & stir to combine. Spoon the pasta into a serving dish or heated individual bowls. Sprinkle with pine nuts & extra parsley leaves. Serves 4 to 6.