So simple to make & with only a handful of ingredients, White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies have just the right amount of crispness with a bit of a soft & squidgy center thanks to the chocolate & dried cranberries. So whether you’re a crispy or a chewy cookie lover, you’ll get the best of both worlds. I’m all about that.Jump to Recipe
Really, they don’t need any adornment but if you’re feeling so inclined & wanted to spruce them up a little, then a quick drizzle of some melted white chocolate is all that’s needed.
I’d like to say I resisted the urge to eat any of these today while they were having their picture taken, but I’d be lying. I actually lost count of how many I greedily gobbled. The remainder are being sent to work with my husband tomorrow. Let’s see if I have some semblance of self-control between now & then.
This recipe was first published in a Christmas cookbook I wrote several years ago. I’ve made the cookies many times since. Being an easy recipe, it requires no prowess in the kitchen. These cookies are good. Don’t think because they’re not flashy or complicated they’re not going to be wonderful – you’d be wrong. I’m not sure why I’ve not shared this recipe until now. These cookies are perfect for the festive season. So are Cranberry Shortbread Star Cookies – the only other cookie recipe I have on my website. I guess I need to up my cookie game. Cheers, Lovoni xo
white chocolate cranberry cookies
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted (1 stick/125g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- melted white chocolate for drizzling optional
- Beat egg & both sugars in large bowl of an electric mixer until lighter in color & creamy.
- Beat in melted butter & vanilla until just combined. Sift flour, baking powder & salt into the mixture.
- Add chocolate & cranberries. Stir until well combined. Cover & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on 2, parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate if desired. Make sure cookies are cooled completely before storing. Makes about 24.