With a few simple ingredients you can have delicious apricot ricotta breakfast pastries ready to enjoy with a pot of French-pressed coffee in 40 minutes – start to finish. Ricotta, honey, almonds, butter, cinnamon, fragrant apricots & some ready-made puff pastry is about all you need to create a simple, rustic breakfast.Jump to Recipe
While fresh apricots are lovely to use during stone fruit season, they’re not imperative to the success of these pastries. Canned apricots will suffice nicely.
Apricots, oft overlooked in favor of their showier cousins peaches, plums & cherries, are more commonly eaten dried or canned. But fresh apricots with their velvety skin & burnt orange hue are wonderful to cook with & transcend both sweet & savory dishes. And who doesn’t love apricot jam?!
Only seven ingredients (eight if you’re a cinnamon lover) & about 10 minutes for prep, are all that’s needed to make these delightful pastries. The 30 minutes they spend baking is time for a little clean-up, coffee making, setting the table or getting ready a tray for breakfast in bed. And if you’re lucky enough to have a relaxing day stretching ahead of you, maybe pop the cork on some bubbles too. Why not? Cheerio, Lovoni xo
If you love these Apricot Ricotta Breakfast Pastries, you’ll love these other fruity favorites too: Nectarine & Blackberry Cake. Pear & Walnut Tart. Italian Cherry & Almond Tart. And Berry Pancake Bake. Plus we have loads of other breakfast & brunch recipes.
apricot ricotta breakfast pastries
- 2 baking sheets (trays)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey plus extra for drizzling
- pinch ground cinnamon optional
- 1 1/3 cups full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 12 medium apricots, halved & pit removed (or 2 x 14 oz/398ml cans, drained)
- 17.3 oz puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions (490g)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine melted butter, 2 tablespoons of honey & cinnamon together in a small dish.
- Combine ricotta, egg & remaining 2 tablespoons of honey together in a small bowl.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 3 even-sized rectangles & place 6 on each baking sheet. Spread ricotta mixture onto each pastry, leaving a 3/8 inch (1cm) border around the edges. Sprinkle half of the almonds over ricotta mixture. Place 2 apricot halves, cut side up, on each pastry. Brush with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake on the lower rack in the oven for 30 minutes, switching baking sheets halfway through cooking, until the pastry is golden & crisp.
- Drizzle pastries with extra honey. Serve warm or cold. Makes 12.