Showcasing summer’s bounty – Chipotle, Salmon, Corn & Avocado Chopped Salad drizzled with a smoky lime dressing – is fresh, vibrant & packed with nutrients.Jump to Recipe
Salmon & fruit make a wonderful pairing. It doesn’t matter on the fruit – peaches, pineapple, berries, citrus are all good. I’ve opted for blueberries in this salad but really, you could use whatever summery fruit takes your fancy Nancy.
The robust flavor of salmon can hold its own served with the somewhat boldly flavored smoky lime dressing. A salad dressing is one of the two most important elements of a great salad. The other of course is using really fresh, seasonal ingredients – I guess that’s three important factors. I never was much good at maths. Dig in beautiful people, you’re going to love this recipe. Chat soon, Lovoni xo
Try these other salmon recipes: Blackened Salmon with Orange Almond Butter or Smoked Salmon, Potato & Beet Salad.
chipotle salmon, corn & avocado chopped salad
SMOKY LIME DRESSING
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves (coriander)
- 1/4 cup avocado or canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- pinch of sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz salmon fillets (any pin bones removed) (340g)
- 2 tablespoons adobe sauce, from canned chipotle chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 corn cobs, shucked & brushed with oil
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (cos)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup toasted pepita seeds
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled & chopped
To make the dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
To make the salad:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush adobo sauce all over salmon. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook on greased grill for about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness of salmon; do not over cook. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Cook corn on same grill, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear; let stand until cool enough to handle. Turn corn on a cut end & using a sharp knife, shear kernels from cob.
- Arrange lettuce, corn, salmon, onions, blueberries, seeds, cabbage & avocado on platter or in dish. Serve with dressing.