Forget spending money on drive-through iced coffee that’s overpriced & loaded with calories – instead make it yourself at home – it’s easy. This recipe makes a large jug of delicious iced coffee to have on hand. Pour it over ice of a morning. Maybe add a dollop of whipped cream. And perhaps a drizzle of butterscotch sauce. Why the hell not!?Jump to Recipe
What you’ll need – some good, strong coffee; light cream; toffee coffee flavoring & a dash of sugar. Get this cold. Then pour over ice & add the fixin’s. That’s it!
I buy the Hill Bros flavored powered coffee from Walmart or online from Amazon. It’s about $3 a canister. It usually lasts two weeks. Also, if you prefer blended coffee, then make some coffee iced cubes & add those to the blender with homemade toffee coffee. You can use regular ice too but it dilutes the flavors. Cheers, Lovoni xo
homemade toffee coffee
- Coffee maker
- large jug or jar with a sealed lid
- 1 1/2 quarts good, strong coffee 1 1/2 liters
- 1/2 cup powdered toffee flavored coffee (I used Hills Bros toffee flavored cappuccino mix)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups half & half light cream
- ice, whipped cream & toffee sauce, to serve optional
- Pour hot or warm coffee into a large, heatproof jug or jar (I used a large plastic jug with a screw-top lid with a flip & seal spout). Add powdered coffee mix & sugar. Secure lid & shake vigorously until well combined & powdered mix is dissolved.
- Remove lid & add cream. Secure lid again & give a good shake. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour over crushed ice to enjoy. Add a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of toffee sauce (store bought or make your own with same parts cream & brown sugar stirred over heat until sugar is dissolved & chilled until ready to use).