Heady, tropical & sweet pineapple contains the enzyme ‘bromelain’ said to help arthritis, inflammation, nasal swelling & muscle soreness (give me a bucket of it will you!). I know bromelain as the enzyme that helps to break down fat. Pineapple Zinger Juice will hydrate you & as the name implies – will give you a nice lift. Containing cucumber, pineapple, jalapeno, lime & romaine lettuce – the jalapeno is surprisingly, not hot, but instead adds a fabulous little punch to the juice.
To learn all about the many benefits of juicing, check out these previous posts: Hydrating Green Juice & Sunburst Juice. I speak from experience when I say juicing is something everyone could benefit from doing. You do need a juice extractor. Here is juicing guru, Joe Cross making a very yummy juice, you’ll see what a juice extractor is. In the video, Joe talks about leaving the skin on oranges & lemons. FYI – I prefer to peel citrus because the skin is bitter.
There are many benefits to juicing – whether you do a juice fast or incorporate a juice into your day – perhaps, like I do & try replacing one meal with a juice. Here are some benefits I have found from juicing:
- high dose of nutrients
- helps increase energy levels – probably due to the hydrating properties
- eases pain associated with arthritis
- helps skin irritations
- helps boost the immune system
- glowing skin
- better gut health – improves digestion
- helps rid the body of excess fluid build up
- can aid in weight loss
- better sleep (when doing a juice fast)
There’s much information on the web about juicing but THE best thing I recommend for you to really see the power of juicing, is to watch Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, a documentary about a man’s struggle to gain back his health & cure himself of a rare skin disease & obesity – all through the power of juicing.
pineapple zinger juice
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled & cored
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed
- 1 English cucumber telepgraph
- 1/2 romaine lettuce, halved
- 1 lime, peeled
- Feed the ingredients, in the order given, into the chute of a juice extractor & collect the juice in a jug or glass. Makes about 3 cups.