Tomato bruschetta salad – minus the bread. In its simplest form, ‘bruschetta’ is toasted bread topped with tomatoes – a wonderful Italian antipasto served as a starter – but you know that. Tomato bruschetta salad has the flavors of the much-loved antipasto – in salad form. No bread. Although bread would be fabulous served alongside the salad with a simple grilled steak.Jump to Recipe
This salad is so simple to make & has very few ingredients but it’s big on flavor. And it can be made ahead of time. Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil with a dollop of sambal oelek – clearly not authentic but I always add to bruschetta because it gives a little fiery punch & flavor.
Serve this salad with any grilled or roasted meats or seafood. Or, as a simple starter with some good, crusty bread. It epitomizes summer food, lazy weekends & alfresco dining. Cheers for now, Lovoni
tomato bruschetta salad
- 2 lbs grape or cocktail tomatoes, halved (1kg)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek chili paste
- a good pinch of sugar, salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, oil, juice, basil, sambal oelek, sugar, salt & pepper together in a large bowl.
- Arrange on a platter; sprinkle with parmesan. Serves 6.
Here are 5 no-cook tomato recipes to rock your summer.