Layers of flaky puff pastry & decadent lemon curd cream filling make these pastries irresistible. And they’re easy to make – using only a handful of ingredients. Serve them topped with fresh berries & a dusting of icing sugar.Jump to Recipe
The puff pastry – which is ready-made, store-bought, is baked between baking sheets so you still get those flaky layers that are synonymous with puff pastry, but the pastry rises evenly with dense layers making it easy to spread them with cream filling & stack them on top of each other. And they look better & flake better when cooked like this.
Between the layers of flaky pastry is a billowy lemon cream that’s simply lemon curd & whipped cream folded together. If you’ve got a jar of lemon curd in your fridge then you’ve got endless dessert possibilities you can throw-together fairly quickly – such as this recipe. Or if you’re feeling adventurous & have some time on your hands – you can go all-out & try your hand at a multi-layered cake such as our Coconut Lemon Curd Cake.
Lemon & berries – they epitomize spring don’t you think? Lemon Curd Cream Pastries make a simple yet pretty dessert or make them smaller & serve as part of an afternoon tea for Easter or Mother’s Day. They’re also perfect for a baby or bridal shower.
Lemon Curd Cream Pastries
- 17.3 oz package puff pastry sheets thawed according to package directions
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 quantity lemon curd
- 1 cup fresh berries
- icing sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
To make the lemon curd:
- Place butter, sugar & juice in a medium saucepan. Whisk over low heat until the butter is melted & sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Vigorously whisk in eggs. Whisk constantly over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened; strain through a fine sieve. Pour into sterilized jar; seal with sterilized lids. Chill for 8 hours or overnight until cold. Use in recipes, dolloped on berries or spread onto hot buttered toast or scones. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Cut each pastry sheet into 6 rectangles of the same size. Place on the baking sheet. Place a layer of parchment paper of the top, covering all of the pastry. Place another baking sheet on top of the parchment paper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the baking sheet & carefully lift pastries onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixter (or hand mixer) until whipped & stiff peaks form. Add lemon curd & beat until well combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of curd cream onto 4 pastry sections, place them on individual serving plates or a serving platter. Top each with another pastry layer, then more curd cream, another pastry layer, finishing with curd cream. Top with berries. Dust with icing sugar just before serving. Makes 4.