One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp & Broccoli – two words – garlic butter. And shrimp. Okay, that’s three words. Three ingredients that are so brilliant together there’s little else that’s needed. But ho-ho, we need some veggies right? This recipe is so easy, quick to cook, low carb, nourishing & uses just one pan, but this is all inconsequential; it’s the flavor of a few simple ingredients – lemon, garlic, a little heat, buttery & beautiful tiger prawns that make One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp & Broccoli so damn good.
In my quest to lose weight, feel healthier & stick to my goals, I’m eating more vegetables, intermittent fasting & including low carb recipes in my diet. I’m a work in progress it’s true, but I think we can all become better versions of ourselves – inside & out. The more you take care of your body & your mind, the better you can make your life – relationships, work & play will all benefit from a greater version of you. All is better when you nourish yourself & lose the habits that no longer serve you.
How’s your year shaping up? Are you sticking to goals you set for 2019? Did you make a plan to make this year count? A plan to finally start the upward trajectory to turn your dreams into reality? I did. It started rather tentatively but I’m a work in progress. The thing is to keep working on your goals. Even days you feel you could of done better, don’t wait to start again tomorrow – start again now.
My one of my biggest goals for this year is to lose weight. How’s it going you ask? It needs to be better. Starting right now. My plan – lots of veg, seafood, lower carb most days (let’s be realistic), intermittent fasting, smaller portions, lots of water & a some exercise that will be kind to my knees. I’m working on recipes that will not only taste good but will help me stick to my plan. This recipe is one of them. It’s quite fabulous so I’ll be making variations of this again & again. Chat to you soon. Toodles, Lovoni xo
One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp & Broccoli
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 12 to 16 oz broccoli, trimmed & cut into florets
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- generous pinch of salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 16 extra large shrimp, peeled & deveined leaving tails intact (about 16 shrimp)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 400F.
- Toss pepper, broccoli, lemon slices, oil, salt & pepper on baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Combine melted butter, garlic & crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Add shrimp & butter mixture to the vegetables & toss to coat everything in butter. Cook for 15 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked & vegetables are tender-crisp.