Chicken breasts get some bacon lovin’ & roasted in the oven until golden & served with broccoli alfredo sauce. The sauce is so easy – white wine, cream, green onions, a little nutmeg, garlic & a lot of parmesan. And in no time, dinner is done & you’re serving bacon-wrapped chicken & broccoli alfredo to oohs & aahs from the family.
Now I know the whole “alfredo” term gets bantered about but it’s almost as simple as cream & lots of parmesan cheese. I like to add a good handful of green onions, a pinch of nutmeg, wine & garlic. Because everything is better with wine & garlic.
How you serve this is really a matter of personal preference. Family style or single serve, depends who you’re serving & how energetic you’re feeling.
Just make sure it’s piping hot & you’ve got lots of chilled chardonnay on hand or whatever takes your fancy.
Some roasted sweet potatoes & a simple green salad are perfect to serve with this bacon-wrapped chicken & broccoli alfredo. All that’s left to do is enjoy this low carb creamy delight. And my apologies for being brief & utterly dull today but honestly, I’m exhausted & my head is pounding but I wanted to share this yummy recipe with you…the sacrifices I make. Make sure to watch the video of me making this quick meal here. Chat to you soon,
A PINTEREST IMAGE TO SHARE
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 8 toothpicks
- BROCCOLI ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of chicken, starting & ending on the underside of chicken; secure with toothpicks. Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan, top side up; season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven & cook for 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly but still tender.
- To make the sauce: While chicken is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic, cook 1 to 2 minutes or until softened & fragrant.
- Add wine & simmer until reduced by half. Add cream, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is just tender & sauce is thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese & green onion, leaving a little of both for garnish.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve broccoli alfredo sauce over chicken.