Fresh veggies, warm spiced chickpeas and fragrant herbs are drizzled with a creamy lemon avocado dressing making this bowl of goodness not only healthy but totally moreish.
Toss the chickpeas – or garbanzo beans, whichever you call them, with a little oil, some smoky paprika and cumin and roast them in a pan. Simple. Right?
The dressing is creamy and smooth: a mashed avocado, mixed with fresh lemon juice, some Greek yogurt for ex-tra creaminess, a little dill, some garlic, ground cumin, a little olive oil. Stir, stir, stir and viola! Creamy avocado dressing that would also double-down for a veggie dip.
Then throw the salad together.
Summery deliciousness that not only looks pretty, it’s also good for you. Until next time, toodles xo.
A HANDY PINTEREST PIC FOR YOU TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS
- 15.5 oz (439g) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed & drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups spring mix (baby lettuce leaves)
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 4 small, vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped (I use Campari tomatoes)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- AVOCADO LEMON DRESSING
- 1 avocado, halved & peeled
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch salt & pepper
- To make the dressing: Mash avocado in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients, using enough water (about 2 tablespoons) to thin the dressing a little; stir to combine.
- Pat chickpeas dry with some paper towel. Heat a small frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, paprika, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper & chickpeas. Stir occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until coated in spice mixture & oil has been absorbed.
- Divide spring mix between 2 bowls. Add cucumber tomatoes, green onions, parsley leaves, olives, chickpeas & feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Serves 2.