Creamy, chocolately make-ahead breakfast muesli with crunchy almonds and juicy strawberries. Seriously. Chocolate Strawberry Muesli. What’s not to love?!
The idea for this muesli sprang from Bircher muesli – an overnight muesli that was created initially by Dr Bircher-Benner in the early 1900’s. I spruced it up a little with the addition of mineral rich cocoa, which is also high in fiber. Fiber my friends is the new ‘F’ word.
Traditionally, Bircher muesli contains apple, instead, I added juicy strawberries that are in season and so beautiful right now.
Almond milk and silky Greek yogurt were added to make the muesli smooth and creamy.
Some toasted sliced almonds add a delightful crunch. And for a little extra decadence (because we all need a little more of that in our lives), I drizzled each serving with melted dark chocolate.
The result? This easy, make ahead breakfast tastes sinfully good but is loaded with fiber and nutrients. You know it’s going to be a good day when it starts with you having chocolate for breakfast right!? Eating well and taking care of yourself never has to be boring. Eating satisfying, beautiful food like this chocolate strawberry make-ahead muesli alleviates deprivation, satisfies hunger and is food to feel good about. Until next time, toodles xo.
A HANDY PINTEREST PIC FOR YOU TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS
- 1 1/3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, plus 1 cup sliced
- 1/3 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- melted dark chocolate (or chocolate syrup), for drizzling, optional
- Combine oats, milk, chopped strawberries, yogurt, cocoa powder, honey and salt in a medium bowl; stir until well mixed. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Next morning, give the muesli a stir, if it’s too thick for your liking, add a little more milk. Spoon the muesli into bowls. Top with sliced strawberries, raspberries, almonds and drizzle with chocolate, if desired.